Thursday, June 19, 2008

Candidates Read

I'm late in learning about this, but apparently presumptive Democratic Presidential Nominee, Barack Obama, was spotted holding a book. And not just holding it, he was carrying it with one finger between the pages marking his place, indicating that...

Hang on, this is just tough to say about a politician...

...indicating that he was ACTUALLY reading it!

I'm so used to the occasional press release from the current occupant, in which he describes himself as a 'reader' or a list of his summer reading without any opinion, that I'm not sure how to take it.

Oh wait, I am sure. It's awesome!

Anyway, you can see for yourself here.

Apparently he's reading Fareed Zakaria. I've never read him myself, but I've enjoyed his Daily Show appearances.

No comments: