Thursday, August 7, 2008

NYRB Sale

As I have mentioned previously, I am a big fan of the New York Review of Books Classics. Every book I've read that's been published by them has ranged from enjoyable to excellent, an honor shared only with Hesperus Press and The Dalkey Archive. Maybe it's a small press thing.

But here's the important news, and another example of why I shouldn't visit their site. They are having a summer sale. They've put together a number of different collections with some fairly impressive discounts.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Matt,

Sorry to hijack the post, but I just wanted to say thank you for your kind words, on behalf of Hesperus Press.

All the best,

Ellie, Hesperus Press

NYCentrist said...

Ellie,
No hijacking necessary, I'm always glad to speak highly of Hesperus. The books are great reads, and great to look at.

Maggie said...

Thanks for the links. I have NYRB's copy of War of the Worlds (one of my three copies of the novel... I tend to collect like that) and am somewhat interested in the other two sci fi titles. Have you read them at all?

NYCentrist said...

M,

I've not actually read any of them sadly. But that's the adventure with NYRB. I'm sure they're all very good, and it's likely that their influence has been felt by other authors in strange and interesting ways.